Deceased members are noted with an *
1. : Lynn Oehmen,
Carolyn Oglethorpe -- 1946--Female
4. 50 I started using inhalers.
5. At age 44 I was told I had a spot of emphysema while having a Bronchoscopy done due to a severe pneumonia.
6. Repeated Infections and SOB
8. PFT and X-rays
9. RT--- No
10. No only while doing the breathing function test.
11. Combivent 2 puffs 4x's daily
Flovent 2 puffs 2x's daily
17. I suggested it to my doctor and he agreed.
18. Sometimes when very SOB
20. 24/7 Sitting none required to maintain above 90. From 2 to 4 L when active.
22. Full disability
23. Medicare and Private
24. I was rejected for the NETT study 11/00.
26. Not at this time
27. Former smoker. 1 to 2 packs daily.
Back to Profiles
1. : David O'Hare,
1. : Francis Olszta
1. Bob O’Neal, 1937, Male
2. California, firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Severe Emphysema and Chronic Bronchitis.
6. Shortness of Breath.
8. Pulmonary function tests, x-rays and a test for Alpha 1.
9. Hospital pulmonary clinic. Yes, sufficient information to understand my condition (suicide then seemed an option).
11. Combivent (2 puffs/4x day) or the same meds. in my nebulizer (4x/day) plus Serevent (2 puffs/2x day).
13. Guaifenesin tablets, 600mg 3x/day to reduce and thin phlegm.
17. I continue with my exercise program at my health club (treadmill and upper-body machines).
18. Ultrasonic nebulizer with ipratropium bromide and abuterol sulfate.
19. 2 liters supplemental oxygen at night.
20. Heat above 90 makes me short of breath. Exercising, 65-70 is best. It’s hardest for me to breathe when my chest needs to be cleared of phlegm.
21. I’m retired.
22. Full retirement, no disability income.
23. I have private medical and drug insurance which is excellent.
25. I’m always available to answer questions about my experiences with this disease.
26. What a great web page. I had planned to enjoy the weather outside but became so engrossed with everyones’ COPD biography that I soon forgot the afternoon. I still see sun outside so I’m out to get some. If I don’t keep moving, it becomes harder to move and harder to breathe ... and I need to break that cycle.
27. Quit 12/24/83 (heart attack).
28. I exercise daily (see # 17).
29. Cipro 500 mg.
Back to Profiles
1. : Carmine
B.Orciuoli 1942 Male
1. : Cathy Organ 56
1.. Franklin D. Osborne 1936 Male
2.. FL. email@example.com 2a No
3.. Asthma and Emphysema
4.. August 2000
5.. 64 6.. Chest pains
7.. No, I was given a Heart cauterization
8.. Pulmonary Function Analysis
9.. Dr's office Technicians I know I was not given a good out briefing. There were at least 10 Patents waiting to see the Dr. and he did not have time to waste on me. He pretty much said take these two inhalers and go home and die.
11.. Serevent 2 puffs 2 times a day Combivent 2 puffs 4 times a day
12.. Only ones I have ever used.
15.. Serzone 150 mg 1 ea 2 times a day Chlordiazepoxide hcl 25 mg cap 2 times a day for PTSD.
16.. Yes 1 year ago my VA Dr. gave me Lopid/Zocor and about 2 months ago I had a reaction or conflict between Medicines. I was given a MRI and I see a Dr. on 15 January 03.
17.. None by a Dr. I received a flyer from the Hospital reference a Heart/Lung rehab Clinic.
22.. No I have a 100% disability from the VA. I Have a Claim Pending with the VA for my Lungs.
23.. Yes, Medicare and Tricare for life.
24.. No, However I did go to the Ohio University Hospital in Columbus Ohio and took the test for LVRS but did not qualify.
25.. Yes, they can use phone # 941 371 8106 anytime.
26.. I am not very knowledgeable of my condition and would be mush less had I not taken the Rehab. Clinic. I am opening up a new bag of worms with the VA on my Lung Claim. They automat icily deny your Lung Claim if you smoked. I smoked a Pipe mostly. But, I was a Tanker for 25 years and I eat enough Exhaust fumes , Gun Smoke, Asbestos, Toxic Cleaning Solvents and Agent Orange to kill most of the Camels in the Middle east.
27.. Former Quite in 93 or 94.
28.. Very little
29.. Never taken any.
Back to Profiles
|1. : Rodney K
2. : Tacoma Wa.,firstname.lastname@example.org
3. : COPD Emphysema
4. : 38 y/o
5. : 37 y/o
6. : I was working as a carpenter,and I found it was getting harder and harder to perform my job.
7. : Yes,my regular doctor sent me to one.
8. : Chest x-ray,and a computer type of breathing test.
9. : one of Dr.Taylors technicians
10. : no
11. : Advair 500/50,albuterol,flovent,combivent
12. : honestly,I thnk it is albuterol
13. : Doxipin 100 mgs once at bedtime,Lexapro 10mgs one time a day,Ibuprophin 600 mgd as needed for pain
14. : lexapro,i suppose.
15. : Doxipin 100 mgs once at bedtime,lexapro 10 mgs once a day
16. : I one time had taken prednisone and a few days after taking them, I started getting some really bad pain shooting down my left leg.I told the doctor and he told me to stop taking them, and he sent me to have an MRI, to see what was happening in my leg,and he came to the conclusion that the prednisone may have started getting narcolepsy, I think that was what he called it.
17. : He has not yet told me to exercise,or he has not sent me to a Resipatory Therapist.
18. : yes,albuterol,and iprotropium bromide.
19. : no,not yet
20. : yes, I find it very hard to fall asleep, and to stay asleep. I also wake up in the morning with severe headaches.
21. : no,not any more.
22. : yes,I recieve social security disability,and long term disability from my last job.
23. : I am getting medicare A&B,and medicaid,I suppose I am covered ok.
24. : No,my doctor has not yet wanted me to do that.But he did put me on the University of Washingtons Transplantation Center list to call me up.
25. : Sure,they can e-mail me at my address,or if they want to call me they can reach me at 253-565-2024
26. : I am really disappointed in myself because I am so weak. I have tried and tried to quit smoking and have failed time and time again.I want to quit so very badly.I have tried the patches,and the inhalor type of nicotine replacement type of device.I know I am shortening my life so badly,but I just fail everytime I try.
27. : yes,
28. : I aam now walking short distances and doing Icometrics.
29. : I think it was Levatrin?I think that was the name.
30. : Yes,my mom died of E in Oct.of 1989,so my doctor tested me for A1ATD and came back negative.
Back to Profiles
1. Sandy Ozanich, Female, 1/21/51
2. Pittsburgh, PA , email@example.com
3.Severe Asthma - Primary Dr. first told me early emphysema, since then says Severe Asthma
4. One year ago - age 48
5. SOB for several years now
6. A month after I quit smoking, my breathing was getting worse not better and I was scared.
7. Not for at least 7 months.
9. Primary Dr. ordered tests. NO. Not enough info given to me
11. Albuterol - 3 puffs x 4 and PRN, Azmacort - 3 puffs x 4, Atrovent - 3 puffs x 4
12. Hard to say
13. Accolate 20 mg. x 2, Proventil (?) dose x 2, Theophylline 150mg x 2, Prednisone 20mg every other day.
14. Don't know
15. Not yet, looking into it
16. Yes, had trouble with theophylline - started out at 300mg x2 - was making me vomit and I had trouble sleeping. The pred is making me fat
17. NO, I have been asking (er, begging). We have Rehab facilities in my hosp. My Pulmo won't order it yet, says he has to get me breathing better first.
20. Intolerance to heat and humidity, sleeplessness, very tired
21. I work part time now
23. HMO insurance. No, don't feel coverage is sufficient otherwise, I would have my rehab.
25. Yes, ask away
26. This group has taught me more than any of my drs. have told me. Thanks!
27. Former smoker
28. No - can't breathe
Back to Profiles